Real stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Last week when I was working on my wood rack at one point I had a 2x4 I was drilling on the DP balanced on a piece of 4/4 pine atop a laundry basket atop a bar stool. Definitely not a good setup. When I was last in HF I looked at their roller stands and was most unimpressed and at the time was not really looking to buy. Tuesday I checked Amazon and found the Jets at twice the HF price but 12lbs vs 9lbs and much better built. With the high cost of gas and HF having inferior stands 75 miles away Amazon made more sense. Yesterday the brown truck dropped off two huge boxes and inside were two nice flat boxes from Jet and 96 miles of brown paper packing paper :rotflm: The stands are quite sturdy and well made and shipping was free ! :tool::tool::tool:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Good looking stands. I got mine on closeout from Big Lots years ago. Cheap priced and cheap built. I need an upgrade soon. Looks like a good stand . Thanks for the info.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice roller stands, Glenn. YOU ROCK!

Guess you'll have to put the laundry basket back in the laundry room now:gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The square tubes look like they would be easier to keep the rollers aligned to the work movement when you're adjusting them. Good buy!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Those are some nice looking stands. I think you made a good decision. :icon_thum

I seem to use mine mostly on BS (ripping/resawing long, heavy stock) or DP.

Chuck

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Glenn, you rock! I have two of the HF stands, they work fine but adjustment isn't easy. The knob to unlock/ lock the top is cumbersome to use, the handle on the JET looks much easier.

Of course, if I built a decent outfeed table I wouldn't need those stands very often....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS