Ready to finish

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Got all the parts made. Had a small slab of walnut and figured it would do as a low coffee table. Not the prettiest piece and lots of worm holes and saw marks. I left a lot of that visible - I can always remove it if I don’t like it after I put a few coats of waterlox on it… I wanted to do legs like this - kind of mid- century, but I think they may yet be a little tall. Right now the top is 19” off the floor…. I might shorten it a bit….
still lots to do….

IMG_0834.jpeg
IMG_0836.jpeg
IMG_0829.jpeg

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
That first pic it looks like you hollowed out the legs (interesting concept) and I was like what the ...., but then in the later pics you can see that's just the grain and color.

Good job! I like it. Interested to see what it looks like with the Waterlox finish. I'll bet it darkens up quite a bit.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
That first pic it looks like you hollowed out the legs (interesting concept) and I was like what the ...., but then in the later pics you can see that's just the grain and color.

Good job! I like it. Interested to see what it looks like with the Waterlox finish. I'll bet it darkens up quite a bit.
Ah, yeah…. I see it now- I dampened them to raise the grain a bit for a final sanding and it was still wet……

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS