Rare old hand tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Found these two saber saws recently. There are very different from what I have seen before. Have no idea when they were made(40s or 50s I guess). How many Sunbeam tools do you own?

Attachments

• sunbeam1.jpg
    sunbeam1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Milw saw.jpg
    Milw saw.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 148
  • MW plate.jpg
    MW plate.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 140
  • Sunbeam.jpg
    Sunbeam.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 142

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
No I don't think so, the Sunbeam cord seems to new. The Millwalkee cord needs to be replaced, the outer jacket is ripped and the third prong has been removed. Both run well.

M

McRabbet

Bob,

I hope you'll bring those to the meeting on Saturday! They are truly relics of the past. I'm particularly intrigued by the blade for the Sunbeam; it sure doesn't look like you'd find them hanging on the pegboard at your local BORG!

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Rob, sorry I won't be able to make it to the meeting this week, but I will bring them next time.

My wife said Sunbeam made tools before they made mixers. This is the first one I've seen. Thinking I could make blades out of sawsall blades. It's a bit rare to use very much. I got the Millwalkee because it uses standard blades.

newtonc

New User
jak
I have collected a few myself,old tools that is.

I have no idea what the make is,long since scratched off.But it works well.

A craftsman.works well as well.

the top view.

And have you ever seen an arco saw?I even have the original box.

It is intended to be tightened in to your electric drill's chuck.I have turned it on,but never had the guts to tryt and cut anything with it.It seems really dangerous to me,especially with that old blade.

newtonc

New User
jak
Wow
those pictures sure didn't load.
I'll post them in my gallery if you want to look at them.

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
Never heard of arco Jak. My oldest Craftsman tool is a 6 X 48 belt sander. had real fun 2 years ago building a maple stand for it. Pictures are in my gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS