Raleigh CL - Walker Turner BS (in Durham?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
not mine, etc.
Looks like a good deal though, on what I believe is heavy duty BS from a good ol' American manufacturer. I am tempted....

Henry

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/3675993994.html

[h=2]Large industrial band saw by Walker-Turner - $300 (Durham)[/h]
3215.png
3215.png
3216.png
3216.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

Powered by LeafletTerms

Rocky Springs at Freemont Road

3E93G83Id5L75Ef5H5d3ccfddff5ebe9c1cc0.jpg
Very strong, excellent condition, garage kept and used for cabinetry making. Moving to a home without a garage is only reason parting with it.Rocky Springs at Freemont Road (google map) (yahoo map)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3675993994
Posted: 2013-03-12, 10:23AM EDT
email to a friend

Michael Kroart

New User
Michael
Re: CL post gone - must be sold (no surprise there)

I can confirm that it was sold, and is now sitting in my workshop.
Not surprisingly, the seller had 28 emails in the first hour. No cracks, breaks, welds etc. It was missing the guard but it has the original mitre gauge and switch.

However - the Walker Turner is now sitting in my workshop next to (2) 1940's Crescent (Rockwell) 20" Bandsaws. I'll be selling the Crescent saws as a "package set" to regain the space. It's tempting to keep one of each, but the WT 16" is a better size for my needs and easier to roll around.

I picked up the first Crescent 20" in January as a project. I removed, cleaned, tagged and bagged all parts but unfortunately cracked the top wheel during removal. That saw is now completely disassembled and ready for restoration with the exception of the wheel which I understand can take a while to locate. That one was missing some minor parts (handles, hinges). It also had a 3 phase motor.
Two weeks ago I found the 2nd Crescent outside of Greensboro. It's in much better shape and has the original 1 hp single phase motor. I planned to replace the tires and bearings when I got time, but have been using it as is. It's complete with the exception of a throat plate - neither saw had one.

In summary, I've moved 2400 lbs worth of bandsaws in the past couple months. Actually 2800 lbs, since I delivered my old Jet 14" to some one. I'll post ad for the 2 Crescents over the next few weeks.

Mike

Jason m

New User
jason

Michael, That looks like the 16" saw. I recently restored one and I replaced the blade guides with some carter guides and can no longer use the original blade guide. It is kind of beat up but it is yours if you want it.

Michael Kroart

New User
Michael

Jason

It is the 16" model, and I'd like to take you up on the offer.
We'll find out if I have something you can use in return. I know with certainty I have a lot of stuff I don't need.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Kroart

New User
Michael

Jason,

I sent a PM, but for some reason it hasn't shown up in my "sent" folder.

What's the best way to get in touch with you?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS