Raleigh CL - Free Rockwell Delta RAS motor needs rewinding

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Found this on CL (not mine) and thought someone might be interested. Saw is located in Morrisville (near RDU for those not familiar with Raleigh). There are pics in the CL ad:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/207257953.html

Ad:
I have an industrial Rockwell/Delta radial arm saw. I used it for years in my business. It has a heavy duty frame and stand and 8 foot table for cross cutting or ripping. The only problem is the motor finally died. I got quotations for $150-200 to rewind the motor locally. With a new rewound motor, this saw will be a real workhorse.

I don't need it anymore, so will give it to anyone who wants it. Located near RDU airport.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
thats a great opportunity for someone to get a solid machine for the price of rewinding the motor. I know there is a stigma about radials but I think they have a place in the shop, I just didnt have room for the one I had and I know it went to a good person. Im sure someone will jump on this quick, act fast people.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Rockwell/Delta is really solid stuff. My guess would be that this is more than worth the cost of a repair.

I agree with Michael, there is a place for a RAS is a serious woodworking shop... hey, even Norm has one.

I bet this isn't available for long.

Ray

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Eagerly awaiting a call back in the morning. If it is a 10", there is a secret to some of Delta's motors. They are the same as Craftsmans, made by Emerson. Ain't that a riot!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I didn't get the saw, but the lister is a true SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN. He was nice enough to send Email to each one who inquired about saw and then another when saw was gone. This doesn't happen much anymore. Again, he is a southern gentleman!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
He could have been a nice Yankee, too. When I have posted things on CL, I responded kindly to every email I received, even the ones that were just plain goofy.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
He could have been a nice Yankee, too. When I have posted things on CL, I responded kindly to every email I received, even the ones that were just plain goofy.
:eusa_clapYour actions would also qualify you to be called a Southern Gentleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors