Rabbit carvings

Status
Not open for further replies.

stave

New User
stave
These are part of a series I am doing, don't know why I picked rabbits. Material is basswood. All comments are welcome. Finished two more this week and will post them later. Probably rework these to make them look closer to the new ones.

cottontail1.jpg

hare1.jpg

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Those look great! I really like the border you did. Is that inlayed into the bass wood?

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Stave, those are fantastic. You definitely have a gift that you put to good use. They look so realistic. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Outstanding! I really like the detail in the second one; the little nuances in the fur and the eye make it look very realistic.

sawduster

New User
Robert
WOW!!!! :swoon:

Dood those are major kewl :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I really like the detail on the 2nd one :icon_thum

Excellent work !! :notworthy:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Great carving and presentation.
The inlay sets it off nicely and I like the way you do your logo and date.

pete

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Great detail! Especially on the Jack Rabbit. Ears are great! :icon_thum
You have "the gift" Brother!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

bwat

New User
Bill
V E R Y NICE! Awesome work. Just curious, how much time do you have put into a project like this??? :icon_scra

stave

New User
stave
Thanks for the support, glad you like them. I carve in relative isolation so it is nice to hear the feedback.
The inlay is just a cut made on the tablesaw about 1/8" deep then filled with mahogany. These carvings usually take about 4 to 5 hours. Sometimes the finishing adds more time. These are mainly experiments to see how different things work so I am not real speed oriented like I would on a regular carving.

Stave

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Wow, that is very nice! Exhibits patience that I certainly don't have... great job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thems some fine works there!:icon_thum they look so real I almost shot my monitor!:gar-La; keep em coming.

Woodchuck

New User
Chuck
Stave, Really great job. Very realistic. I like the inlay and the way you finished the basswood with the frame. I would like to try doing something like that sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Now that's talent! Those look great-I'd buy 'um. You ever think about teaching?

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors