Quincy Air Compressor free to a new home

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
After an extended period of poor storage, I fired up my 5 hp Quincy air compressor to discover significant blow by. I have since run across a good deal on a different 5 hp pump and transferred the motor to it (was three phase).
If anyone is interested in rebuilding this pump, I would be happy to help load it into their vehicle.
I've taken off the head and was pleasantly surprised that there are no serious scratches in the cylinder bores, but no cross hatching either. I have not contacted Quincy for their recommendation for rebuild. This is a Model 325 series 10 serial number 429112 S 4 1/2" low pressure cylinder, 2 1/2" high pressure cylinder. It was functional - until it wasn't.
If anyone wishes to save this from the scrap heap, let me know. I'm in Fuquay Varina, NC.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
If this includes the tank, I'm interested. Just have to figure out how to get it.

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
Gene.
The complete AC setup was one t cobbled together 30 years ago. It consisted of the Quincy pump, a 5 hp single phase motor, all mounted on twin 100# propane tanks for the air storage.
The motor is on the new to me compressor.
The rest of the assembly is available for the same (free) price as the pump but you may not wish to have the home built setup.
In a previous home, this setup fit under the stairs to the basement. Current shop, it was above the shop restroom That area now will be lumber/stuff storage

Attachments

• IMG_6241.jpeg
    IMG_6241.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
I can store the pump for a while if someone is interested but the rest of the assembly is a little bulky for long term storage

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would pass on the tanks then and still be interested in the pump. Would you be willing to bring it to the picnic in May? Or I can adjust my route a little. If not, someone closer may want to take a shot.

And thank you

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors