Quick recommendations please: DW735

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
I replied to a posting on the craigslist for a DeWalt 735 planer for $379. I just received an email and it turns out to be a pawn shop that has it. Says it is in "like new" condition ...???? ..... and he will take $300 including tax.

So .... folks .... what do ya think? I've never owned a planer but the DW gets good reviews. A little skiddish about buying from a pawn shop but the price is certainly good. Right???

Please let me know what you think!

Jim

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Pawn shops are great places to find tool bargains. There are carpenters going broke everyday. I am not familar with that particular model planner. I would check what it costs new, and check out it's condition (power it up if you can) and then you will know if it's a good deal.
Dave:)

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Home Depot sells it for $500 .... same price as on-line sights.
This is the larger DeWalt planer ... 2 speed, 3 blade

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sounds like you could have a great deal there. I have heard good reviews about that planner. Definitely worth seeing in person.
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That sounds like a good deal. The cheapest I have found it is $359.00 for a refurbished DW735 at a place called ToolKing (Online). (You do get a warranty with refurbs though.)

I would look at it closely....

Wayne

M

McRabbet

We've recommended to Jim in the Chat Room that he invest in a refurbished unit available online -- too much risk in getting an abused tool unless you can really examine it carefully in a pawn shop and operate it as well. I'd pay $75 more for a warranted tool, myself. My .02

Rob

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Jim,

I have a Grizzly planer (12")for sale. It's an older model, but was not used much (been in storage for quite a while). My shop is right in your neighborhood (~7 miles from Timberlake).
I don't want much for it, just need the space. PM me if your interested.
Bernhard

chris99z71

New User
Chris
As far as the reconditioned DW735 planers: Go to Amazon and look up DW735. There is a "not currently available" reconditioned DW735 listed. Read the reviews there. It appears that the companies shipping the reconditioned models are not packaging them well and most reviewers recieved broken units. It appears that toolking was the main supplier of the reconditioned models through Amazon. Perhaps they've fixed the problem since, but I'd sure ask if I called to order from them.

jglord

New User
John
I own a DW735 and have been using it for two years - it is a great planer! The blades are disposable and if the machine was abused, you may find it needs new blades. They are $50. You may want to figure this into your price evaluation.
Also, there should be a long allen wrench with the machine. This tool opens most everything on the DW735. If it is there, open the top (4 bolts), and the inside cover and look at the blades and head.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sorry!!!!!!!!! The shipping isn't free. :oops: Cost's you $49.00. My apologies for the oversite. in my previous post.

Wayne

Monty

New User
Monty
Great deal! Glad to see you got something to get you started at least... if you've never owned a planer before, you'll soon understand why you need one!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
great score, get the disposible plades for it from grizz, they will make a world of diff, Im going to be getting a 20in from them soon so im looking forward to upgrading. Be blessed friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS