Quick Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Lately I've only been getting small, sporadic blocks of time in the shop while the kids are sleeping, usually late at night. Mostly I've been organizing, cleaning, "futzing", etc but not really actually making anything.

Well, had a few minutes during naptime today and decided I wanted to actually leave with somthing useful so, here it is. It ain't particulalry pretty but it will come in very hand. Extra bonus points for anyone who can tell me what it is...

quick_project.jpg

View image in gallery

Trav

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
No dimensions :no:... but it does seem to be sitting on a table saw :icon_scra... or some other saw with a track for a miter gauge :eusa_thin. If so, we have a reference in the photo that is 3/4" across.:widea: Given that, I'd have to agree with Randy. Business Card Holder. :icon_cheers

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
+1 Looks great Travis! :icon_thum

BTW- it was great to meet you yesterday. Your kids are adorable. :gar-Bi

Great to meet you guys too! As I say very frequently: "Thank God they take after their Mother!!!!"

As for the project, I'll let ya'll off the hook as you're on the right track. My clock radio broke and I didn't see the point in replacing it since my iphone sits right there every night to charge and has a clock too. Sooo...

richlife

New User
Rich
I love it! :icon_thum Rich

Great to meet you guys too! As I say very frequently: "Thank God they take after their Mother!!!!"

As for the project, I'll let ya'll off the hook as you're on the right track. My clock radio broke and I didn't see the point in replacing it since my iphone sits right there every night to charge and has a clock too. Sooo...

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Travis! That's a great idea. :widea: I had a Bose Wave radio as my alarm clock, but I wanted some good tunes down in the shop, so my phone is also my alarm clock now. :gar-La;

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Very nice project, but regardless of what it holds, it represents a few precious moments of pleasure in the shop. For me it's not so much about what comes out of the shop, but the pleasure I get from just being there.

Travis, it was great finally getting to meet you yesterday, and like Trent said, your kids are precious. Don't worry about getting enough time in the shop now. There will plenty of opportunities when they are older. Now is the time to enjoy every minute with them, and I'm sure you do. :icon_thum

Bill

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks for the kind comments folks!!

Very nice project, but regardless of what it holds, it represents a few precious moments of pleasure in the shop. For me it's not so much about what comes out of the shop, but the pleasure I get from just being there.

Travis, it was great finally getting to meet you yesterday, and like Trent said, your kids are precious. Don't worry about getting enough time in the shop now. There will plenty of opportunities when they are older. Now is the time to enjoy every minute with them, and I'm sure you do. :icon_thum

Bill

I agree 100%!!!! It was a real pleasure to get a few minutes down there and actully get to MAKE something! Believe me, I certainly don't begrudge time with the kids, they're the best thing I've ever done and I can't believe how quickly they're growing. I'm going to try to capture every second I can with them!

Trav

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Good work Travis! I love making small things. It gives a satisfaction boost and helps keep you going when the projects are seemingly never going to be finished.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Thanks guys!

Zach, I know exactly what you mean. For this project the most time consuming part was finding the wrenches for the router. I had "cleaned up" recently and couldn't remember where I put them so I wouldn't loose them...:BangHead:

Leaving out that bit the whole thing start to "finish" (paste wax) took less than 30 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS