Quick Books Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Greetings;

Joe and I have been trying to resolve some program issues I'm having as a Mac user vs the PC version we currently own in QB's. In speaking with a business consultant @ Apple, an unsuccessful attempt to address my problem with Intuit ( due to a language barrier no doubt) and several phone conversations with Joe it is my thought that it would behoove us to transfer over to Quick Books online. Currently the cost is $24.95 monthly for 3 users and an accountant. There would be no need for external back-up or copies of our account as it would be all kept on their database. This eliminates the need to purchase another version of QB's to run on my Mac.

Considering geographic differences we face as officers of the BoD it makes sense to eliminate the need for hard copies shared thru the mail or even electronic transfers.

What are your thoughts? Is there a way to share this with some of the Admin's like Bas and Jim who might have suggestions?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I doubt Bas an Jim would have any knowledge of quickbooks, but I will be glad to ask them on our private programmers forum if you would like.

b4man

New User
Barbara
@ Tracy, you would know better than I if it would help, I think:icon_thum.

Now that I've made the issue public I look forward to all ideas and possible solutions.

TracyP

Tracy
@ Tracy, you would know better than I if it would help, I think:icon_thum.

Now that I've made the issue public I look forward to all ideas and possible solutions.

I have posted to the programmers forum. I'll post a response once I get it.

TracyP

Tracy
Barbara, Toolman has volunteered to help as he is accustomed to quick books.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Read....sorry I can't help on the conversion but to offer a suggestion:

Maybe NCWW INC has received a point in our growth for some physical assets. What I mean is maybe a computer and backup drive for the Treasurer and maybe also the Web Master. After all these two handle the bulk of the NCWW business and more then any other BoD they need the right tools daily. It would also make transition easier, IMHO, when roles change.

TracyP

Tracy
After looking into the expenses and transfer of equipment, Barbara and I decided to go with the online version of quickbooks. I purchased a year and have set Barbara, Toolman, and myself up as the three users. Toolman's role will be to assist the treasurer as an admin on the account. The account has nice user transfer features that will better benefit our organization. The price is 24.95 per month. We got a discount so the total price was 224.55 for the first year. It will be 299.00 per year after that. One benefit is that the software will always be up to date and they will have backups on file.

TracyP

Tracy
This gets us through this year without having a major equipment purchase or a software purchase that the next treasurer may not be able to use if not a Mac user. The next treasurer can decide what avenue they want to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS