Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've made some progress the last few weeks a couple hours at a time at night. Here are some thumbnails. More pics are in my gallery.
This is yesterday afternoon - West wall.
showphoto.php

This is this afternoon about an hour ago. Insulated & 1 coat of mud.

This is what I'm shooting for around most of the shop.
DSCN2098.JPG
showphoto.php

Here's a detail of the shelving support. I'm using old metal door frames in the trusses for upper support.

The lights attach to the Unistrut.

showphoto.php

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'd say you've made great progress in little time! Keep us posted, Dennis. Looks good! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
30 x 60 4 x 6 square posts 7.5' o.c. & wood trusses 32" o.c. Ceiling is 10' 7" +-.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's a LOT of progress, looking good! BTW, the walls look like they have WGD :)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
An epidemic of it - along with welding, metalworking, & mechanic disease. Gotta find a way to keep the sparks away from the sawdust & the parts cleaner. Can't run too fast anymore.:gar-La;

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dennis,

The shop looks great, I know that there was alot of cleanup involved, because I saw some of the before pictures. It's amazing how many 5 gallon buckets of tools and parts one can accumulate when they have the space:lol:. Good luck finishing it off and trying to partition it.

Jimmy:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dennis, very impressive! With 4 x 6's 7.5" OC I guess that you don't want the shop to blow away?!

I like how you did your shelves and lighting. Clean and effective.

RE welding, at a former shop where I worked we used rolling screens to surround the welding & grinding area. The frame was out of EMT and the screens themselves were a spark/flame resistant translucent plastic. Roll them against the wall (or hang them) when not in use, and they don't restrict the use of the shop for other needs.

Scott

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the comments. I bought this shop with the home late in '06. It was the shop that cinched the deal on the house for me. My old home didn't sell so the 'cash flow' I had planned forced me to mothball it for awhile.
As for the screens, that's a good idea. The material for the screen is readily available at welding supply stores and it protects onlookers from the UV in welding flashes. I thought about a curtain on a cable from the sides as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS