attachment.php

Attachments

• Powermatic.jpg
    Powermatic.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 280

llucas

luke
Senior User
Yep...got one 8 years ago at that price...gonna be tough to beat that going forward. I am totally satisfied with the lathe...would absolutely do it again. (Honest attempt at enabling)

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I Picked up a first generation one of those in 1997 and have been using it ever since. That design is incredibly versatile and comfortable to use. Its a variation on a very successful theme, the Oliver 159, that was so popular in school shops before and after WWII. The modern Jet 1640 and 1840 are downgrade budget versions of that lathe design. While they are pretty good lathes for what they are, they are not the same as the Powermatic 3520B,

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Excellent lathe and excellent value. If interested you might check if Klingspor will match that price and purchase locally.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Oh yes, the old Oliver lathe in the high school wood shop. Great thing about that lathe was you could feed a long piece of stock, ie: 1 1/2" through the head and into the jaws. Great lathe for turning Shaker chair back posts. Wish I had one, I'd make a few Shaker rockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS