Post drill mounted and all most ready

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0437.jpeg

this little fellow has set around a little to long so I mounted it today and I’m waiting on a new Chuck and it’ll be ready to go. All it needed was a light cleaning everything is functioning perfectly.
this will be a nice addition to the workshop.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Awesome machine. Not sure exactly how it works - I assume you crank it to drive both the chuck and the flywheel (?) Then the top wheel drives it down. Is there a ratchet in the handle?
Very cool.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yep, that’s the way this machine operates. I’m very pleased with how smooth it operates. I also can move the crank handle to the flywheel. You can also attach a belt to the flywheel the belt to a power source, you can also add a shaft to set other post drills in tandem. It’s rather versatile set up. Definitely manufactured for blacksmiths and farms.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
40 + years ago, FIL gave his to NC State Fair for use in blacksmith shop. We loaded into my truck (ex postal one ton van) by skidding it up a double stacked 2 X 8. Got to fairgrounds and two trustees unloaded it, one in the van handed it to the other. Wouldn't want to tangle with these two!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors