Portable table saw recommendation

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Hi folks. I’m getting near the final stages of the house build that I have going on and it’s time for me to do some trim / built-in / cabinet work. I won’t be able to get my cabinet saw moved in early enough, so I need to get a portable table saw that has some resale value as I will sell it once the project is done.

I’ve got a chop saw and a track saw so crosscuts and breaking down sheet goods are already covered. Most of what this portable table saw will be used for is to rip face frames, filler strips, small trim pieces, etc.

Looking forward to your suggestions on which saw I should buy!

Thx

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
If you go cordless the DeWalt is a nice saw you are in the 60v line, otherwise I would go with the Milwaukee, Makita or Bosch

Or if you go corded I would go DeWalt or Bosch. These are the nicest in the 8" corded line IMHO

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Personally, I would stay with a corded table saw. At present I have the Bosch 10” and it has been in daily service for 15 years with no issues.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
SawStop will have the best resale, but for what one costs you can buy a cabinet saw.

Based on what I've seen DeWalt is the only one I would buy. My Lowes has 6 different jobsite saws on display. Some are so awful it's hard to describe.

Dbush714

DB
User
I’ve had/have both the DeWalt and Bosch. Both would be great options for what you are describing and easy to resell once your projects are completed. Good luck!

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I bought a DeWalt jobsite, September 2018, & paid $470 new. Sold it in 2020, to someone on FB, for $300? Sure, I could have probably milked another $50, but I had already purchased my SS PCS, so wanted it gone.
DeWalt: DWE7490X

Last edited by a moderator:

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Thx guys. I stumbled on some answers to a similar question on a trim carpentry page and ended up buying a $280 skill table saw. There is a chance that it only makes 20 cuts or so hopefully it is good enough!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
FWIW, and although you have already bought something, we have 2 or 3 DeWalt portables at work and they are great. The rack & pinion blade height and easy bevel adjustment work great. A flip out fence carrier for wide rips helps keep thinner plywood from falling below the fence. Folding up and putting away is fairly easy, and dust collection is easy to achieve. I use ours with a shop vac and auto switch and it does minimize dust.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Here is the one I ordered for those who may be interested. It almost seems too good to be true that one can get an acceptable saw at that price point but we will see!

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
David,
Thinking out of the box a little bit. You live in Apex and are surrounded by a bunch of folks on NCWW. If you only need 20 or so cuts, you might be able to impose on one of them in order to help out.

Just a thought.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors