playouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I bought a kit from Toys-r-Us a few years ago. Cost me about a grand, and I had to assemble it. I couldn't have bought, milled and shaped the lumber for that kind of money -

Playset_009.jpg

Dave:)

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Nice looking play house DaveO, seems to be taken care of very nice also.

The only advise I have is be sure that what ever you build PROTECT it. I know lots of people will tell you that pressure treated needs no care or treating, but if you want it to last on into the years you might want to check out a good preservative or coating which ever. They all are not the same, so do check around so it will last a long time.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I bought a kit from Toys-r-Us a few years ago. Cost me about a grand, and I had to assemble it. I couldn't have bought, milled and shaped the lumber for that kind of money -

Playset_009.jpg

i'm in the process of building that same kit right now from toysrus. you definitely can't buy the lumber for what they are selling kits for if you catch them on sale it's even better. this kit is made by an outfit in canada. aside from 2 typos in the instructions, no packing organization or reason and being shorted some screws i got nothing bad to say about it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
i'm in the process of building that same kit right now from toysrus. you definitely can't buy the lumber for what they are selling kits for if you catch them on sale it's even better. this kit is made by an outfit in canada. aside from 2 typos in the instructions, no packing organization or reason and being shorted some screws i got nothing bad to say about it.

Phil, there is logic to the random organization of the pieces in the boxes, it's just Canadian so we wouldn't understand ;). It gets much easier as the number of pieces decreases. One tip I can give having this up for almost a year is to check your bolt/screw tightness often. I am amazed at how either the wood shrinks or the bolt/screws back out on the threads.
My wife and daughter were swinging on it today...worth all the money I paid.

Last edited:

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Phil, there is logic to the random organization of the pieces in the boxes, it's just Canadian so we wouldn't understand ;). It gets much easier as the number of pieces decreases. One tip I can give having this up for almost a year is to check your bolt/screw tightness often. I am amazed at how either the wood shrinks or the bolt/screws back out on the threads.
My wife and daughter were swinging on it today...worth all the money I paid.

my dw spent 2 hours with me last Friday night sorting the hardware to each step in zip lock baggies. that has helped tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors