Planer / Tool cart

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
Needed a stand for my new planer to help move it out of garage when used, also need a place to store hand and handheld power tools when not in use

Materials were big box maple ply and some soft maple for frames and drawer fronts - dimensions 26W x 41Lx 36T - 1/2" lip around top edge so stuff doesn't fall off when moved
Box joints for drawer boxes
Chip collection experiment works fairly well - just needs a larger exhaust screen and possibly better seal between trash can and lid
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
Looks nice. I'm fixing to build something similar for a sanding station..I'm thinking about the top drawer being a down draft sanding top and a few drawers below for DA sander, sand papers etc. Maybe do an a sandpaper organizer in a drawer as well. Still planning and thinking it out.

Does anybody have any thoughts on if these down draft tops. Seems to be a lot on youtube but that does not mean they are worth the effort to make.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
With a cart that big, you could put on an over-head rack for easier and more stable feeding boards around. Maybe flip up in and outfeeds with some slick melamine shelves. Getting mine up to eye level so I can see my Wixey seems like a good idea. May have to copy a bit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors