picked up a little woodworking tool today

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Loaded my first log today with the bobcat it was 9' 26" white oak, estimated weight 2400 lbs. Not knowing any better I had the log on the end of the forks lifted it up about a foot off the ground, jerked a little too hard putting the bobcat in forward and whoop the front end took a nose dive and the forks dug into the ground. Good thing I wasn't wearing white underwear, you know :-D. Anyways I let the forks down and the rear end rested back on the ground. I then scooped up the log and made sure it was on the forks all the way resting against the frame, not on the end of the forks lifted it just a little to clear the ground. When I got to the mill I lifted it up high enough, slowly tilted the forks forward and the log rolled off the bobcat onto the mill bed just like down town but better because this is the country. Ted said if your not on two wheels your not really doing much and when your on one wheel that's when your really doing something :lol:. Then Winston said something about having a bobcat rodeo see who can take a log with a bobcat toss it up in the air, spin around a few times and catch it before it hits the ground. :eusa_thin

clowman

Clay Lowman
I can just picture you on a cat with a cowboy hat, waving one hand up and down trying for that 8 seconds..... :rolf::rolf:. Do you have spurs?

I don't think I'd sign up for the job of a bobcat rodeo clown...

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
How much do you charge for rides? I've had enough of six-flags.

I wanna ride on the JeffCat!

Jim

J

jeff...

Rode the bobcat around a little today loading logs and moving lumber. Ok I'm just about convinced a bobcat with a set of forks is a lot better than a tractor when it comes to log and lumber handling. I thought forsure I was going to get it stuck in a big mud hole I went into but it kept right on moving. The all wheel drive really works like a champ in mud. You can get into some pretty tight spaces and turn the thing around on a dime, unlike a tractor. You guys gotta get you one, I really don't know how I got along without it all this time. It sure does help save on manual labor (mainly mine):-D

As for the bobcat rodeo well maybe in a year or so :slap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors