Piano Music Box from Harpsichord land

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

In between harpsichord projects I like to build scale model music boxes.
Here are some pictures of my latest attempt. It is a scale model of a Steinway Model D Concert Grand. It measures 11 x 19 inches. The music mechanism is hidden beneath the soundboard and is wound from the bottom. It plays when you depress the keys and stops playing when you let the keys go.

IMG_01543.JPG

The next photo has a scotch tape dispenser inside it to give some idea of the scale.

IMG_01592.JPG

View from the rear.

IMG_01571.JPG

Close up of the keyboard.

IMG_01601.JPG

Hope you like them.
Ernie

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's amazing. How you dealt with such small parts boggles my mind. I don't know what I am more impressed with, your full size working Harpsicords or the scale models. Either way I am very impressed and so :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Dave:)

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Absolutely beautiful!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Don't let my wife see one of those. The check will be written on my checkbook!!

Please please tell me where you get the patience to do something like that. I'm short on it and looking for tips. :confused_

Tom

jack briggs

New User
jabguit
Ernie,

Whoaaa!!! Absolutely superb! I know that's gotta be tough work scaling down to that size!

Now I guess you'll have to train a rat to play it while a bullfrog sings. :rolf:

:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Another masterpiece! You are a true craftsman. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Another beautiful piece, Ernie:notworthy:. You guys are really making it tough for us mere mortals to compete with stuff like that...

skeeter

New User
Charles
Truly awesome work. I can't even imagine the time involved in making something that small with such quality and detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS