Photo Gallery Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It appears that when I ran the supplied utility to resize the default images in the gallery, the utility did some weird thing. In some cases, the instead of resizing the original to to 640, it cropped the picture to 640. That's what happened to DaveO. In another cases it did something not so obvious, but still screwed up.

It appears that the latest backup of the pictures is being restored right now. Once that's done I have to take another backup, so I can restore at will, if needed, while I do the rest of the steps. Obviously, I no longer trust the supplied maintenance utilities. Then I have to backup the part of the database that deals with the gallery then I ...... you get picture. no pun intended.

The point is that even though things may be look alright, they are not. And it will be a while before the gallery is running again.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The backup from 5/17/06 is restored. I don't know yet if newer pictures were lost. I am now starting the rest of the process.

Thanks you for your patience

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
At this point there are approx 117 pictures that were not in the backup. Almost any picture that was upload on 5/17/06 or after. I am looking for a way to recover these. Don't know if it is possible

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That shouldn't be any big issue. Most pictures that are uploaded on this site are still on my hard-drive also. The only sucky thing is if they are embedded in a post they may not be there now.
Dave:)

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I can always re-upload. I keep all my pictures locally. Thanks for all your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS