Personalizing pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonEve

New User
Don
Hi Guys/Gals,

Recently, I've had a few customers ask me about personalizing pens. Do any of you attempt that? How do you do it? So far, the questions have involved acrylic pens.

Don :wsmile:

nelsone

New User
Ed
What kind of personalizing are you talking about? Putting names or logos on the pen? There are several folks that can laser engrave items for you. Jeremy has used a fellow a few times. He may be able to give you his contact info.

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Don,
There's a guy in Wesley Chapel that has a laser engraver that a lot of us locals use. I've not done any acrylic but I assume laser works on them too. I don't have his number with me at the moment. One of the others here will probably beat me too it, but I'll try to remember to send it to you later today.
Rob

thrt15nc

Tom
User
I've had some laser engraving done on some of my pens. Only the wood ones, nothing on acrylics yet. I think it looks good. You just have to be careful about your trust you put in the engraver. If they misspell something, it's almost impossible to fix. :BangHead::BangHead: You have to go over each letter with whomever is going to do the setup. DAMHIKT.

Tom

DonEve

New User
Don
Thanks guys!

My brother-in-law asked about personalizing pens (with his company's name) to be given for Christmas gifts. Another customer wanted to give a pen as a graduation gift and have the graduates's name included. Another customer wants to have his fraternity's greek alphabet include.

I appreciate your help. :icon_thum

Don

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
We make pens for our clients and then send them out to be engraved with our company logo. Turns out real nice and pretty impressive.

You may want to write John Karstedt (Karstedt Enterprises ekarstedt@carolina.rr.com), as he's probably close to you and will do it at a fair price.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have had some wood pens engraved here - http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront
Excellent work and great turn-around time. They would be able to tell you if it can be done on acrylics or not.
I also have seen folks use decal lettering and then a CA finish to seal them in. Or you could cast your own resin pens and wrap whatever you might want around the tube, similar to the way a snake skin pen is made.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS