Perfect Handle screwdriver set

EricS

Eric
Senior User
I’ve been obsessed with these screwdrivers for some time. I am having a hard time finding a modern manufacturer of these besides Garrett Wade who does not sell them any longer can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a set?

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Narex makes a similar set:

1678334487474.png

Narex 858110 7 Piece Screwdriver Set

The cost-is-no-object option is Hand Tool Rescue.

1678337529943.png

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Sorry, yes I wanted to post a pic. Here are some old examples. They have the integrated scales on the handles.
C60BEBFB-4B64-4780-954A-FAAADA0E1B50.jpeg

OldManK

New User
Kyle
I found this set on Amazon. I'm guessing (based on price and reviews) that they're junk, but maybe not?

Vessel makes a version as well, but cannot find it in the US and ends up same price as the Hand Tool Rescue ones.

Ebay has a handful of vintage/used "Wooden Split Handle" screwdrivers which is apparently the name of that style!

Good luck on your search!

EricS

Eric
Senior User
I found this set on Amazon. I'm guessing (based on price and reviews) that they're junk, but maybe not?

Vessel makes a version as well, but cannot find it in the US and ends up same price as the Hand Tool Rescue ones.

Ebay has a handful of vintage/used "Wooden Split Handle" screwdrivers which is apparently the name of that style!

Good luck on your search!
Kyle, thanks for all your help. I will probably go the vintage route and restore.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
A couple decades back a school shop teacher offered me a bunch of screwdrivers of that design. The OSHA/insurance inspector told him to get all of that type of screwdriver out of his shop because his course covered household wiring. He saw the reasoning but he hated to get rid of them because they were such great screwdrivers. I still have one or two big ones.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors