PC Did Right By Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Ok, you may recall my Porter Cable router saga...
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/reviews/2077-porter.cable.890.a.html

Well, after another replacement 890 had problems I wrote and emailed (again) PC Customer Service. This time they were responsive:eusa_pray

They offered to send me another 890 kit with all the goodies (I told them what I thought of the 890 series routers :qleft5:). Anyway, I have a brand new 7518 sitting next to my desk (no charge):eusa_danc

I hope I haven't jinxed my new router by posting this 8-O(I have not unpacked it yet).

So, I wanted to give them kudos for doing the right thing:icon_thum The 2 customer service reps I spoke with said that they were shocked by the problems I have had. So, although I would recommend avoiding the 890 routers like the plague, I think I will give PC consideration again in future tool purchases...

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that awesome. Not only did they make it right, they made it much better the 7518 is one sweet machine.
Dave:)

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Now I just need to build a nice router table... Anyone have any particular do's / don'ts for that little project?

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I just bought the plans for Norm Abram's router table. Eventually I will get around to building it. :)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great news Matt. Apparently PC really screwed up on that series. I've seen several notices about recalls on them recently. :roll: IIRC it was even in Consumer Reports.

Hope everything works out with your "upgrade" :eusa_danc I recently purchased the DeWalt 618 combo and couldn't be happier :-D

Sapwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS