Outfeed table

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
So last week I actually accomplished something in the shop!

A few months ago, I bought a door from Habitat. Now it's my outfeed table.

In these pics, I was trying to show how the outfeed is attached to the saw.

I installed two 3/8" T-nuts into the bottom of the outfeed table, threaded in some 3/8" bolts, cut off the heads, ground them to a semi-point and dropped them through some holes in the rear rail. So far, so good.

Yes, that IS my old table saw holding up the outfeed table. Yes, that is redneck. I'm debating whether to make a mobile base for the saw which will change the final height of the whole unit, therefore I'm holding off on making the permenant legs for a bit.
Not bad for a $200 saw whose top used to look like this, huh?
(the red parts are the CI wings)

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks funtional! I think good outfeed support is very important for the safe use of the table saw. It's on my short list of shop projects... too bad I don't still have my old contractor saw around to hold it up! ;)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice use of a contractor saw to support the outfeed table of a Unisaw, not redneck, recycling :-D :-D
What type of finish are you/did you use on the door to make it slick enough???

Dave:)

Last edited:

chris99z71

New User
Chris
What type of finish are you/did you use on the door to make it slick enough???

1/2" MDF on top. It gave me a good spot to rout the t-slot extensions as well. I'm not sure what I'll put on top as a final coat of finish. Ideas?

chris

New User
chris hardee
Funny, a solid commercial door from habitat is the top for my temporary workbench. Very heavy and $5. Maybe I'll have to make an outfeed from it after I build a workbench :)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I have a solid door as a work bench top as well. I chose a hollow core for the outfeed since I don't plan on pounding on it and I wanted it to be a little lighter in weight.
My plan is to put another set of pins in the bottom of the outfeed so that I can rotate it 90° if I'm ripping alot of long, narrower stock. And in that case, I definitely don't want the weight of a solid core door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS