Outdoor lawn ornaments

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Hi all, want to make a grinch for the front yard. What would you all recommend? Marine-grade plywood? Some kind of mdf? Thanks!
Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Exterior plywood, 2-3 coats good primer, top coat. I think marine ply is much more expensive and you will only leave it out for one month each year.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
If it's modest in size, how about EPS insulation (commonly known as styrofoam)?
Light, easy to cut with standard tools, easy to carve/sculpt, sands well, "never" rots. To paint, coat with Kilz, sand a little then use any latex paint.
You can get the exact color you want (the Grinch is VERY particular) at big box then buy a sample size for about $7.
The biggest downside is ESC (epidermal static cling). No drug for it, but a good shop vac does wonders :)

Attachments

• Static Cling.jpg
    Static Cling.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51

tghsmith

tghs
User
a large amount of my halloween stuff is foam based,, holds up well, easy to store,, I try to design things so they pack-up flat,, this years possible adds,, I ate all that kale for nothing!! and Tim Burr, very bad name for a lumberjack!!

Attachments

• IMGP1208.JPG
    IMGP1208.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMGP0014.JPG
    IMGP0014.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMGP0015.JPG
    IMGP0015.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMGP0001.JPG
    IMGP0001.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMGP0011.JPG
    IMGP0011.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I used to make a lot of yard art. I buy my patterns from The Winfield Collection. We were looking at a shed to put them in! Great memories!
Marine plywood or outdoor sign material.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS