Oscillating Tool

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I agree that the quality of blade is the most important factor. I have not used a wide variety of brands because I don't use the tool that often but Imperial seems to be a good compromise between quality and price.

When I was looking for a blade to cut porcelain tile, Bosch was the only diamond blade I could find. The normal carborundum grout blades won't handle something that hard. I was very pleased at how well the diamond blade withstood the hard use,(but not so much pleased on the price, LOL) I used a little water from a windex bottle to lubricate the cut, and wound up with very little clean-up, much less than if I had used a rotary blade.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I splurged and bought a Rockwell unit. Used it to cut a slight face frame over-hang for crown and next will use it for cutting a slot in baseboard trim to fit closet shelf upright supports.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
A friend of mine has a DeWalt cordless. Really nice compared to my cheap HF which the washer broke the first time I changed the blade.

I mainly use it for cutting baseboard and other trim for built in and cabinet installs, but I've found it has uses in ww'ing such as flush cutting dowels.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors