Osborne Miter Gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
I got this Osborne EB-3 last week to help with a project I have started, an Arts and Crafts coffee table that was in last months Fine Woodworking issue.
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Cato_photos/IMG_1284.jpg
This is not as cool looking as the Incra miter gauges, but it is very solidly built adjustable and gives me exactly what I was looking for.
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Cato_photos/IMG_1285.jpg

I cross cut some 8/4 walnut for the table legs and finally consistent results!!

Easy to use and converts quickly for right or left of the blade cuts.

I got it on sale directly from Osborne site for $99, which was a bit less than the Incra models.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Since I got one of them, I don't think I've used the regular miter gauge at all. Really like it.

- Ken.

joec

joe
User
I have used one for years. I recently changed the nut on the bottom of the flip stop, as it was a regular nut and sometimes when I tightened it down for a repeated cut, it would tighten up on a corner of the nut and with a few cuts would slip over to the flat part of the nut, thus moving the flip stop somewhat. I replaced the nut with a oval bottom jig bolt I had and it works better now.

wrwilder

New User
Ray
I've used one for about a year now and I really like it. It's dead on at every angle that I have used after setting it up the first time I used it. I think you'll be pleased with it.

Cato

New User
Bob
I am glad to hear there are satisfied users of this product and that it retains it's accuracy. It appears to be a well built miter gauge.

Cato

New User
Bob
I suppose that some of you do not realize that Osborne is in Kill Devil Hills, NC.
Joe, I did see that when I ordered from them.
My shipment came the day after I ordered it!! Did not ship from Kill Devil Hills, but from a closer location in NC.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Now that everyone has the new Osborne, you're going to have to make an extension table. If anyone needs help or info, just PM me.

Cato

New User
Bob
Now that everyone has the new Osborne, you're going to have to make an extension table. If anyone needs help or info, just PM me.

Now that looks pretty slick. I like it and I can see a definite use for it!! Also looks like its on a jet TS, which again I like.

terry1166

New User
Terry
Joe, I saw that in an earlier post from you and have definitely decided that I will be building one for my cabinet saw. That was and is a great idea! I've just finished up a couple of projects that have kept me in the shop quite a bit. When I get my breath, I'll be contacting you. I can't tell you how many times I've put the miter gauge in the slot and then realized that there was not enough room in front of the blade for me to do what I had intended.

Terry

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Joe,

I reallly like that idea. I guess I just need to find a way to make it work with my round fence pole. Maybe a v-shaped piece? Thinking on it.

Thanks for sharing.

- Ken.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Ken, my 70's Delta contractors saw had a round tube too. But it also had a lip under the saw table that I used to hook on to. On that one, I used a wooden round mounted eccentrically to tighten against the tube. There has to be a better solution, but it did work.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll have to look at the front of my saw carefully and see what might work. I have a SawStop PCS but have a Vega Fence System, so my setup is not usual. I'd never thought of extending the Miter Gauge Slots forward, but now that I've seen this it makes a whole lot of sense. There've been a lot of times I could use more room in front of the blade for the Osborne Gauge.

I'll let you know if I figure something out.

- Ken.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The front of the saw has a lip and there are two tapped holes and two bolt holes that might just work to mount a front extension. The circular rail for the fence is low enough that a 3/4" piece of MDF and Laminate might fit just fine (didn't measure it yet.)

DSC_0021_800x532_.jpg

These are some pics I just took of the front of the saw. I think I can cobble up a mount for a front extension.

DSC_0022_800x532_.jpg

Thanks again for the idea and inspiration.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors