Open BOD Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Doug has spoken to Andy, CaptnA about becoming the seventh member of the BOD. Andy has graciously accepted. Please respond with a yea, or Na to seat Andy on the BOD. I personally feel that Andy would be a great addition to the BOD. So my vote is Yea.

M

McRabbet

I've met Andy a few times -- he is a Captain in the Asheville Fire Department -- and I can say unequivocally that he will be an asset to the Board. He hosted (and paid for out of pocket) a great picnic in October 2008 that many NCWW and WNCWA members attended. He is a good person and we should support his involvement. His full name is Andy Henderson and he lives within a few miles of me in Mills River.

TracyP

Tracy
Andy is a model citizen that would benefit NCWW. A life long public servant, an all around good person, and has a desire to make NCWW the best woodworking site on the net. I give him two thumbs up:icon_thum:icon_thum.

M

McRabbet

I just had a terrible thought -- Andy does not show up in his profile as a Corporate Member and if he is not one, he is not eligible to be on the Board.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Tracy, please check his status and see what is missing. It may be as simply as selecting the opt in option. Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
IMHO Andy is a super choice. Not only from the stand point of character and level headed style but Any and Rob live near each other which might help with the raffle / funding raising activities. Let's hope we can work our the qualifications quickly.

TracyP

Tracy
I have checked Andy's stats and his visit frequency is holding him back from senior user status that he needs to be a corporate member. He has everything else in line. His visit frequency is 2.88 times per week and needs to b e 3.0.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
We could ask him to visit more frequently, or we ould make an exxception since his frequency will reach the required level as soon as we ask him to join the Board. What say all of you?

TracyP

Tracy
Along the same thoughts I am having. I am in agreement. All he has to do is log on once a day for a little while. He is only .12 visits a week off.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I took a stab at figuring out how many days in a row he would have to log in before he reached a visit frequency of 3, but unfortunately, my math skills are not quite that good anymore. :swoon: I don't think it would take long though. :eusa_thin

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do our by-laws allow for us making an exception? I really want Andy on the BoD but we have to do this properly.

I do not think we have a forced date we must fill the position by. Could we give him access to the BoD forums and allow him to observe/consult until he meets the requirement. Again there is nothing I saw in the by-laws that stated that only active BoD can view/post in the BoD fourm. He could not vote but he could pretty much functions as a BoD member. Especially since his role is role on the BoD has a lot of behind the scenes activity. Then once he hit the 3.0 we make a formal announcement and he "officially" joins the BoD.

M

McRabbet

The ByLaws require that all Directors must be Members (i.e., a Corporate Member) to be elected. Because of Steve's resignation, a unanimous vote of the remaining Board Members is required. I would recommend we communicate with Andy to log in daily until his eligibility is confirmed and then we vote on having him join the Board. Let us keep things clean and not give him extraordinary priviledges until he qualifies. In the interim, we have agreed to a change for Tracy to become the new Webmaster and as Exec VP, I am de facto Development Director until a a replacement Director is elected.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
The ByLaws require that all Directors must be Members (i.e., a Corporate Member) to be elected. Because of Steve's resignation, a unanimous vote of the remaining Board Members is required. I would recommend we communicate with Andy to log in daily until his eligibility is confirmed and then we vote on having him join the Board. Let us keep things clean and not give him extraordinary priviledges until he qualifies. In the interim, we have agreed to a change for Tracy to become the new Webmaster and as Exec VP, I am de facto Development Director until a a replacement Director is elected.

Good plan. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS