thumbnail_image0-2.jpg

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not recommending. Not encouraging.
I think you are VERY encouraging Gene! (@Dee2 ) and if we interpret "recommending" as in opinions... WELL I know you have at least a few! LOL

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
This was an "Exotic Wood Furniture" store in Blue Ridge GA where everything is made from Monkeypod, "...also known as acacia". Not sure, but I'm thinking the piece shown above pegs the Ho-Ho meter on that sales pitch.

And yes, on the tables, the legs tended to be...maybe 'juvenile' is an acceptable term. More pictures if there is interest.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe this is called fractal burning or Lichtenberg figure burning. As Graywolf said, not Pryography.
And, I agree with Mike, may the fad go away quickly before more folks are injured.
The epoxy pour, however, for some reason, reminded me of the MRI of my spine a few years ago, except the pour is straight. :rolleyes:

mikeyt

Mike
Senior User
The process uses a high voltage power source to burn into the wood which is wet to conduct the current. Inattentive makers sometimes get electrocuted.
Thanks for the explanation. I've seen pics but never looked into the process.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen especially since we know how attentive the general public is.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS