Not a Tool Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]When Phil S provided a chunk of cedar for us to learn/practice resawing, planing and jointing a few weeks ago in the Basic Skills workshop, his intent was for everyone to walk away with a good start on a tool tote. Fast forward and when I went to use the resawn boards, all four had cupped due to the difference in environments. So what to do now? About the same time I, once again, had to dig through a drawer to find a ball allen driver. Ha!! Idea!! I cut the thin resawn pieces into about 2” strips and drilled some holes, cut a dado in the thicker board, glued the thin strip in, added some support blocks, and now I have a place to keep the drivers. Two sets, standard and metric. Not fancy, but functional. Not a tote, but tool storage is pretty close.

attachment.php
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 230

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
That’s awesome Clay. I am also planning to repurpose the cedar. I’m leaning toward a small shelving unit for my cordless dewalt drill set.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I actually finished my tool tote that same weekend! I used the extra piece as a long center divider and sculpted the top edge to form a nice carrying handle. NO, I don't have a pic to share at the moment, but I'll try to remember to take one tonight and post it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS