Nice Burls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

New User
David
While "out and about" around King's Mtn. over the weekend I snapped a few pics of some rather nice burls. Yeah, I did speak to the Park Ranger about the possibility of harvesting some of them and after a lengthy conversation, I understand their position. Those guys are charged with the responsibility of keeping the park in as pristine and natural condition as possible. Any tree that falls due to age, storms, etc. is cut ONLY if it blocks a road or trail or hits a structure. Park visitors are not allowed under any circumstances to remove so much as a blade of grass. Any tree that has to be cut up is pretty much left where it lays. There are some situations that require the removal of a specific tree due to dangerous conditions, etc. and those are cut and neatly stacked in specific areas where open camp fires are permitted. Otherwise, ya gotta bring yer own firewood.

Having said all that, enjoy a couple burls that we ain't gonna get to see the inside of. The first two are different views of a Wild Cherry tree and I couldn't get an accurate ID on the last one as we were driving by and I didn't want to hold up traffic.
SANY00022.JPG

SANY00032.JPG

SANY0012.JPG

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice shots David. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I'm a regular jogger around Lake Johnson, near our house and have spotted a few burls out there. Same rules apply. However, I guarantee you that EVERY SINGLE TIME I run by them, I still check on them, just in case they change the rules someday. :eusa_pray

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
:gar-CrDrool,drool,drool :gar-Cr Hey I don't know about that place but any park I have been in get REAL nasty :qleft7::qright5:if you take anything.Some of em will even borrow you vehicle :gar-Cr

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Nice shots David. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up I'm a regular jogger around Lake Johnson, near our house and have spotted a few burls out there. Same rules apply. However, I guarantee you that EVERY SINGLE TIME I run by them, I still check on them, just in case they change the rules someday. :eusa_pray

Trent, I just got my 028 back...:gar-Bi:BangHead::tinysmile_cry_t::crossedlips::banana:

Dragon

New User
David
:gar-CrDrool,drool,drool :gar-Cr Hey I don't know about that place but any park I have been in get REAL nasty :qleft7::qright5:if you take anything.Some of em will even borrow you vehicle :gar-Cr
:rotflm:Yeah, with you in it too and they like to keep things for a looooooooooooooooong time. Rest assured, "if" any of them ever come down and get cut up into logs for firewood, I'll be scarfing some "firewood" fer sher.:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS