Newbie from Pittsboro/Chapel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvimbi

New User
MM
Hi there from halfway between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro!

I'm quite new to woodworking (at it for less than a year, weather- and wife-permitting.). Wife complains that I haven't built anything, except things for the 'shop'. Gotta start somewhere I tell her.

This might not be the right place, so I might repost the following in another sub-forum, but here it goes: I do not have a table saw, planer or jointer. I am looking for someone nearby who'd be willing to mill stock (for a fee of course). I'm tired of seeing only the red oak, 'whitewood' and poplar at the big-box stores. The wood in places like The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville makes me drool.

Glad to be here!

Cheers - MM

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site MM. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Yep, you definitely need to get out of the BORG and over to one of the local sawyers, or Klingspor/Woodcraft, etc. Great to have you on board. :icon_thum

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
MM,

Welcome to woodworking and to this great forum. What is your next project? I can probably help you get the milling done and my shop is nearby... off the Mt. Gilead Church road. But no charge or it doesn't get done!

bobby g

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
MM,

Welcome to woodworking and to this great forum. What is your next project? I can probably help you get the milling done and my shop is nearby... off the Mt. Gilead Church road. But no charge or it doesn't get done!

bobby g

MM, you definitely want to take Bobby up on his offer. But be warned: take a drooling towel w/ you. His shop is incredible. :icon_thum

Bill

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome MM!
Are you planning on doing primarily hand tools? What do you plan on building?

I would be happy to help you surface some lumber. But if I were you I would take Bobby up on his offer. His shop is sweeeet and my shop is a garage :).

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS