New WIP the wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

New User
RAS
This is a ring I will use to mate up the top and the bottom of the vessel.

The bottom with 2 thin rings unturned.

wedding11.jpg

the ring I am going to use, one side is flat and sanded.

wedding21.jpg

Spot gluing it on with hot melt glue on the outside.

wedding3.jpg

ring turned to the right thickness and sanded flat, the inside of three rings turned.

wedding4.jpg

Three holes drilled the size of round toothpicks, at about 120 deg. (dont need to be real close) and close to the outside edge, so they can be turned off after the top and bottom are glued up.

wedding5.jpg

Index marks to align them and also so I will know where the pattern is located.

wedding6.jpg

the bottom half set aside.

I left the lower 1/3 a little thick for strength after I get it glued together and between centers I will turn it a little thinner and a better shape there.

wedding7.jpg

Now all I have to do is make the inside of the top match the inside of the wedding ring, then when I glue them up using the alignment pins (toothpicks) the inside will be almost perfect.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Careful, Earl.
If you give away all your secrets, pretty soon everybody on the site will be turning bowls and vases like that.
NOT! :gar-Bi
Nice work. :icon_thum

manfre

New User
Manfre
Thanks for sharing some of your tips.

at first I thought this thread would be about rings for a finger and was wondering when hagrid was getting married. In my defense, harry potter is awesome and I'm reading the forum from my phone and it took a lot of scrolling to get to the pictures of the gorgeous vase.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Not being a turner, I have absolutely no idea how you do this. Absolutely fantastic are the only words that come to mind. If I could think of better words I would use them.:notworthy:

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS