NEW - Veritas® Pocket Dovetailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I would have added a marking gauge in the end of the handle. One less tool to have to look for.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Wow. You know you've got it bad if you can see yourself reenacting ad pics 4, 6, & 7.

I've got to remember to throw an F-clamp in the glovebox for when I'm stuck in traffic!:rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
Wow. You know you've got it bad if you can see yourself reenacting ad pics 4, 6, & 7.

I've got to remember to throw an F-clamp in the glovebox for when I'm stuck in traffic!:rotflm:

I am sure the glass shops will love you also :gar-La; I think that if I had started practicing dovetails in bed my ex-wife would have become my ex a lot sooner. :rotflm:
trash-him.gif

Last edited:

Len

New User
Len
:gar-La;Someone please tell me this is an April Fool's Day gag ad before I go an order one!

Glennbear

Glenn
It's the real deal! They made a video and everything, honest :rotflm:
Last year's backfired and they started selling it... a "precision" story tape measure http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=65357&cat=1,43513

afd2010s05.jpg

Apparently the pocket dovetailer is an April 1 gag but just like all the others is really sold. From the Veritas web site:

This is number seven in our ongoing series of April 1st products …if you're interested in having a look at previous year's entries, just click the “item search” button at left and enter “AFD” (for April Fool's Day). Each of the tools shown to date actually exist, and is designed to do just what we say it does (with no promises as to how effectively).
Have a happy April first!
Cheers,
The staff at Veritas® Tools
:gar-La;

ehpoole

Ethan
I think that if I had started practicing dovetails in bed my ex-wife would have become my ex a lot sooner.

Oh well, her loss for sure ... :rotflm:

I love Lee Valley/Veritas, but I don't quite see the point of this combo tool... probably my loss though!

Threejs

New User
David
Every year, when Lee Valley does their April fools joke tool, they usually have some for sale. So if you really want one, you can probably get one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors