new tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
we getting two new tools saw that 1.5 hp grizz shaper & shopfox DC on CL..... we told the wife we could make the flooring for the house :icon_thum :icon_thum the shaper come with t\g cutters 3\4 r\o and a molding head ........ ya ll think it will do the job on making the flooring??......sure hope i didn't fill her with a bill of goods:eusa_thin .......:new_evil: ahh who cares i am getting new tools !!!!!!!:-D :-D :-D :-D

Attachments

• shaper.jpg
    shaper.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 274

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Nice score! I would strongly recommend adding a "baby power feeder" from grizzly to the shaper. It will really let you control your feed speed for the best quality when making a significant volume of T&G. I've got one on my shaper, (due to the strong recommendations of one of the sales reps in Grizzly's Muncy showroom), and I would not want to be w/o it.

G4173 Baby Power Feeder

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yup, having run my fingers close to a shaper recently, one of those makes a lot of sense, but not just for the safety issues. stock feeding becomes much more consistent with one of those, a very good idea, it may be time for me to power up my Bill-Me-Later account again?

bman

New User
barry
maybe we can score some more cash latter from the CFO (aka) the wife when she see's how long it takes to make some of the flooring ...:eusa_thin hmmm i thnik it will go like this ....honey you know they make a feeder that will cut the time in half it takes to make this .....for now i think i will quit while i am ahead:-D

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
just make sure to use the 'hold-downs'. looks like it will be a fantastic machine for you.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
So, this is a blatant pre-gloat about a machine whose approval was made possible by shady performance claims?? Hmmmm...that's a good approach!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks like an awesome machine. Awaiting photo verification of actual delivery.

Chuck

bman

New User
barry
OK here you go guys my new tools in there new home as you can see i like my shop neat and organized

having some problems with the upload more pics to come:eusa_thin

Attachments

• IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 122

bman

New User
barry
more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0920.JPG
    IMG_0920.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0921.JPG
    IMG_0921.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 113

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oh yeah, YOU SUCK!

And those Grizzlies are going to be very happy in their new home :mrgreen:

Roger

bman

New User
barry
i thought you guys wold give me a bunch of crap on how clean (NOT)my shop was also getting free logs too so i really !!!!!!!SUCK!!!!!!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Nice score! A dust collector is a must whit a shaper, and a shaper is a most for something like flooring.

Congrats!

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Great find. I got one from a local tool dealer a couple of years ago with 2 shaper spindles, and 2 router collets. Dismantled and got rid of my router table not long after this. I have not tried 1/4" bits yet, but it works great with 1/2" shank bits so far. A baby feeder is in the works next.
Congrats and watch those fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors