New to NCW.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMT5000

New User
Brian
I wanted to say hello and do my duty to post a "Who I Am" message. My name is Brian and I live in Asheville. I am new to the woodoworking community but not Asheville, I grew up here and just moved back in 2004. I recently took an intro to furniture making class at AB Tech and now I am hooked. I am in the process of building a shop in my basement so I can begin what I hope to be a lifelong hobby and passion. Of course this is probably the worst time to get started with woodworking, we just had our first child on Sat. In fact www.turnertimesfive.com is our website to see pics of the baby. Rob I received your e-mail and hope to see you on Sat. ad Wes and Steve's. I will also throw out there that my favorite styles are modern (think George Nelson benches and Cherner chairs) and Arts & Crafts (which I consider to be somewhat of a precursor to the modern movement). I would love to talk to anyone about this further, I am excited to be a part of the group. Have a great weekend!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Brian! We look forward to your joining the sharing and fun :icon_thum

Roger

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Brian. We look forward to getting to know you and seeing some of your work.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Brian -- we look forward to seeing you on Saturday at the WNCWA meeting.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Brian,

Welcome to the site and I look forward to meeting you Saturday at the WNCWA meeting.

Dan C.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Brian !! Congrats on entering Dad-hood, it's fun :-D This actually is a great time to start ww'ing, you will have lots of need for furniture for your daughter, and other fun things. Plus nothing like a hobby that keeps you at home (at least in the shop), your wife will appreciate that. I am glad that you could join us and look forward to your input in the forums.
See you around!!

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome Brian. I am Tom, the resident Neanderthal. I do use dust collection (shop vac), but eschew use of the planer or jointer. Read: I do it on the cheap, using off the rack lumber, so I am no threat to making better pieces. Those aren't gaps in the woodwork, they are ventilation points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors