new memeber

windfall

New User
RT
Hello All
My name is Rob thompson. I'm a new member from a bit outside the NC area, Vermont actually. I am a lifelong woodworker and run a small shop Windfall Woodworks here in northern Vermont. For many years I built and repaired traditional wooden boats but my shop now focuses more on a variety of custom residential woodwork: cabinets, furniture, doors and stairs, a bit of timber framing.

I had bumped into this site a number of times over the years researching various things, and this spring came across member JGT1942's detailed account of his cutter head swap out on a hammer A3-41. A procedure I have been planning but putting off (due to felder's discouragement) for some time. I joined then in hopes of being allowed to contact him with some follow up questions...but life got busy as it does and I'm just now getting around to introducing myself to your community.
To be honest, I tend to be "lurker" on internet forums. Mostly scouring them for info when I run into new products or techniques. But I do try to add content when I feel I have relevant experiences to offer.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome RT - glad you found us.

Hopefully we can engage you enough to be more than a lurker...

PLEASE, post some pictures, we would love to see some of your work.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
RT - welcome to the sawdust pile. I echo Hank, we would love to see some of your work.

jgt1942

John
User
Welcome! I tried to PM you, so far not successful. I saw your post in my Thread regarding the shelix head on my Hammer A31

jgt1942

John
User
Your status reverted to new user as it has been more than 30 days since your last login. You will return to your accrued status after midnight tonight.
***!!! IMHO this is somewhat dumb. Sorry, I'm an old fart and have a huge background in user-friendly stuff. IMHO, this is not user-friendly. But now I know, however most likely I will forget this. There are 3 things that happen to you as you get older, (1) you start to loose your memory, now I cannot remember the other two.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS