New Member From Wake Forest

Brewha

New User
Steve
Hello all,

Thanks for accepting me into the group. I'm 53-years-old, new to woodworking and came across the sight while looking for classes. I'm a history buff and like the idea of working with hand tools. Up to this point, I've picked up a few Stanley hand planes, some chisels and squares. Basically getting a kit prepared to start on a workbench although my first project will be some saw horses. Looking forward to the conversations, inspiration and learning opportunities. All the best.

- Steve

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve ! to the forum, Do not hesitate to ask any questions, everyone here are a helpful- good group of fellow wood butchers ... uh workers ... 😁 you will like it here.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve. I'm over near Winston-Salem and offer one on one classes in restoring, adjusting, using hand planes, and traditional joinery such as hand cut mortise & tenon, and handcut dovetails.

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve. I am in the Wakefield area just a mile South of Wake Forest. If I can be of any help, just let me know. You are welcome to visit my garage shop any time.
David Turner

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve,
If you have the time and or inclination - you should take @Mike Davis up on his offer - I did and am MUCH smarter about sharpening and all things hand tools!

BKHam

Bradley
User
I live wake forest by the reservoir. I can't really make you smarter like Mike but i'm close. I'd be glad to host you for a little shop tour. we can call the course....how to stuff a bunch of stuff into a suburban garage and still have room for your wife's car.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS