New kitchen floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

I got a great deal on laminate flooring on CL. So this weekend my dad and I installed it. I still have to put the molding back in but it looking SO much better then before.

This is the floor we had!
kitchen%20floor%20009a.jpg

Just kidding that was the orginal floor, the previous owner had put a ugly white vinyl on top of the beautiful green floor.

Here is a WIP picture.
kitchen%20floor%20005a.jpg

Here is the finished floor.
kitchen%20floor%200002a.jpg

So incase anyone wants to know, I paid $.41 a square foot :gar-Bi.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks great! What a difference that will make for you and your family as you use that room. Worth every penny ... even at that outrageous price!

T

toolferone

Jeremy, I saw all the work going on in your kitchen, looking good. Mine is just a little face lift, but most important my wife is happy!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tom, nice looking job and a great deal on the flooring. That has to be worth at least 100 new tool points. :icon_thum

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Looks great Tom - at .41 that is a great deal - LOML works at a laminated wood flooring manufacturing and we can't even get 2nd hand stuff for that price - word of warning - we had it in our kitchen and one of the water values bursted when our daughter came over to turn everything back on while we where on our way home from vacation and she didn't know it - thank goodness it was a small leak - but it was enough to ruin the floor - I took it all up and put tile in - make sure you do not leave any water standing and if you have any inside pets - the acid in there urine will mess up the facing - I have learned alot about laminated since LOML is the customer rep - hope this helps

T

toolferone

Phillip, thanks for the tips. Hopefully in about 5 years we will be gutting the kitchen and starting over. We will be going with tile at that point, but at the price we paid for this it is so much better then before.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I am also getting ready to remove a wood floor in our kitchen. Our culprit was a slow leak in the icemaker line behind the refrig. We know have a 2" high ridge across the kitchen floor. LOML wants tile.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
We really need to redo our kitchen floor, it has "so much character"!

After 150 years it just needs a little face lift, don't you think?

The big problem is the 8 inch oak beams in the cellar, over time they have sagged and the floor is far from level. You would think 8 inch oak beams would be fairly easy to replace. Did I mention they are log beams?

I think a major gutting and complete redo would be great. I'd like to remove the bead board and refinish the log walls but my wife wants to put up sheet rock. Guess who will win that decision?

Wonder how much I could sell the original 150 year old pine flooring for? :rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Great looking floor Tom, and at a great price! :swoon: Phillip gave you some excellent advice. I've ripped up plenty of laminate flooring after situations just like the one he had. The good news is, if you do end up with a leak and need to rip the floor up, it will come up faster than you can get it out to the trash. :rotflm: Looks great! Enjoy!

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS