New Guy Saying Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7891

New User
waldo
Hi Everyone,

I was very excited to learn about this forum, as I have recently moved to Fayetteville, NC within the past year, and am looking to really learn more about the art of wood working. To date, I have toyed around with working with pallets (prior to my last PCS), but I would really like to learn the skills necessary to create some beautiful furniture for my home. I am very excited and eager to learn, and would appreciate any advice/help about local training or workshops that are close by to the Fayetteville, Vass, Sanford, or Aberdeen/Southern Pines areas.

V/R,

Brett

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I see your nickname is Waldo, but you signed your introduction as Brett. Well welcome aboard Brett. We're really glad to have you with us. I know this is nowhere near you, but Catawba Valley Community College in Hickory, has started a furniture institute! There is a very large new building just about complete now, that I understand is for technical training in industrial arts, welding, automotive, etc. Burke County Community College also has furniture making courses being taught by my friend John Ferguson. With furniture making a comeback, the colleges have been asked to teach courses to train people for that type of work. They are now doing just that.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Welcome to the forum Brett, feel free to ask questions, start discussions and share pictures of your projects.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome to the Neighborhood! Lots of great people here with tons if knowledge. Everyone learns from everyone here.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW. If you have a good idea, mention it. If you are unsure about something, ask questions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors