New Guy From Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotel

New User
Rotel
Hello fellow woodworkers!

My name is Mike and I am very new to woodworking. I am a network administrator by day and on my time off I try to unplug as much as I can. I am interested in woodworking for the challenge and for the creative outlet. Some of my other interests include photography...mainly time-lapse photography. I am a relocated yankee from Vermont. I have lived in NC for 9yrs now. I don't miss the almost 6 months of winter, but I sure do miss the food in Vermont.

I would like to start out small and get some more experience with my tools working on a few cutting boards and boxes and then go from there. This site has a wealth of knowledge on it and I am excited to learn with you all.

I don't have any project pictures yet so I will share some non-related pictures for now.

Picture of my 112lb golden Cabot and a picture I took at surfside beach this summer.
Cabot_03_2010_1.jpg

surfside_beach.jpg

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Hello and welcome to NCWW. Your right, this place is a wealth of knowledge and the members are very generous in passing on their knowledge of the craft. You'll come to use this as you first source of information on woodworking.

Again welcome.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Welcome Mike :gar-Bi I am in Zebulon, not far from you, also transplant, from Joisey, a yr ago.Anything If I can be of help just holler

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome. The main focus of NCWW is education relating to woodworking. There are lots of opportunities here, just keep watching!

Doug

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Mike. Lots of relaxing on here, from harpsichord building to scroll saw, to (gasp!) woodturning.

As for meeting other amateur photogs in the Triangle area, I know a guy named Gene Van Horne, who used to live between Knightdale and Raleigh. He is still down around Raleigh, but do not know where.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to the best and most informative WW site on the planet. Jump right in with your questions.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Welcome Mike!

You joined the right forum! I've learned alot from this group! Not only will you receive generous tips on woodworking, you will make a ton of friends!

Bon Apettit!

M

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to NC and NCWWer Mike. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I had to go all over the Northeast for work this year and it is definitely a beautiful area up there. I was ok until we got to Massachusetts and New Hampshire, then I had to keep asking folks to repeat themselves. :help: :gar-La; Anyway, that's a sharp looking pup you've got and a great shot from under the pier. It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome Mike glad you found us. There are a great group of folks here, and there is always someone willing to lend a hand. Wich pier was that one pic taken under?

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Mike, with the recent blizzard whomping New England I am sure you are grateful to be down in Dixie. :gar-La; As others have said NCWW is a great place to hang out. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site!!!!

Sit yourself down and enjoy the WWW's best woodworking site.

Lot's of good stuff here to learn, inspire and a very sharing community to boot!

Have fun and stay safe around those there power tools.

Wayne

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome Mike. I got started for similar reasons (software enginer) and with a similar hobby background (photography). This is a great site to learn and share!
Salem

cptully

New User
Chris
Mike,

Welcome to the best community on the web! I've been doing small projects since I was about 2 (with my dad [or at least getting in his way...]) and have found this community friendly, helpful and encouraging!

Chris

rotel

New User
Rotel
Thank you all for such a warm welcome!! I have a project planned for the weekend and will post some pictures if my plans work out that way!

@Trent. I did the same thing when I moved down here. I had to ask people to repeat themselves a few times. I'm still trying to figure out how many people "all y'all's" encompass:)

rotel

New User
Rotel
Welcome Mike glad you found us. There are a great group of folks here, and there is always someone willing to lend a hand. Wich pier was that one pic taken under?

Bryan,

This was taken under Surfside Pier if I can remember correctly. There is a tackle shop and ice cream place attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS