New Guy from Chapel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

glebo

New User
Alex
Hello all! I am a woodworking student at Chapel Hill High School and am really beginning to enjoy the craft as a hobby. I have yet to really attempt any hard projects or techniques, but figured I'd give the site a try to read about all I can before trying anything new. And yes, Chapel Hill HS has a woodworking shop (my favorite class of the day, by far)! It's a lot of fun, and I finally have a chance of getting (making) new furniture for my room.

- Alex

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Alex. Glad to see a young person into wood working. You have joined a great group of folks. I know they will all be glad to help.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group Alex. There's a wealth of knowledge to be had from the group here. Just watch the posts and ask questions. The group will be happy to help.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the website, Alex. We are happy that you've found woodworking such a source of enjoyment. We hope you'll find lots of useful information and many good examples of all facets of woodworking here -- by all means, learn to work safely and enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Alex. For many of us, woodworking has been a lifelong passion that we first developed in a high school shop class. One good thing about the folks on this site: we are ALWAYS willing to help. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask it.

Bill

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Welcome Alex!

I remember my grade school shop classes very fondly. It's good to know that not all school districts have eliminated hands-on programs!

In case no-one has mentioned it, we LOVE pictures - so don't be shy about posting pictures of your work, and ask as many questions as you like - very helpful group here.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS