New Fuji Q 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesource

New User
Rick
I got this thing last week, and had a chance to use it today.
It worked great shooting Magna Max. It's a precatalyzed lacquer. I'm a novice at finishing though. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions from the group would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 169

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the exact same unit and love it!!! Congrats!!

Tightening and loosening the plastic screw ring to adjust the size of the pattern.
Use as little air as you can get away with to atomize the finish.

Try mixing some dyes in with your finish to color the wood instead of staining.

I have been using Target water based USL and love it. WB finishes are awesome with this set up!

Get the mini cups if you can. THey work a lot better than the 1 quart cup

Get the whip hose if you haven't got it. Lot easier to work the hose.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Rick
Nice score :icon_thum Thanks Travis for the tips. I am hoping to get the same unit soon

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I am still learning the unit myself, but can say I am extremely happy with it. My first screwup was not realizing how the airflow setting worked and having very poor atomization. Then I figured out or remembered can't remember which how to adjust the pattern size. That was when it really started working better for me.

I bought all the needles, and have yet to use anything but the one that came with it. I do recommend the small cups and whip hose, but the gravity conversion kit is something I wish I hadn't bought.

Good luck with it and please share what you learn with it as well. Mutually, I am glad to be able to tap someone else with the same unit for questions/opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS