New from Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Hi new member here from Apex. Am still in the "making lots of mistakes" stage of learning. Doors warp, tabletops tear themselves apart, reveals refuse to be even, etc etc..... have had decent results with some of the painted stuff, mostly poplar. Recently got interested in hand tools and am learning how to use them, so i mix that with a few machines and "make fine sawdust". I find woodworking to be very peaceful and I enjoy making useful things... spending a day in my shop is a happy day indeed..
IMG_12812.JPG

IMG_12803.JPG

IMG_12773.JPG

IMG_12793.JPG

mbromley

New User
Bromley
Very nice work and welcome! How long have you been at it? Those are some great looking pieces so if you are in the "making lots of mistakes stage", I think that puts me in the just "making scraps" stage lol

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Mel. You have come tot he right web site. It also appears that you are already on your way in working the wood.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome Mel. Looks like you've advanced to the second (and final) stage of woodworking: When it comes to mistakes, if you have to point them out, they don't count. :)

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Nice work Mel, and welcome to NCWW. I look forward to more project (and in process) pics.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to our sawdust pile Mel. I really like the looks of your work; it appears you've been at it awhile. Nice work!:eusa_danc

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Have been doing this as a hobby for probably 20 years, but don't get to spend much time at it. Projects take me FOREVER to complete. I think the armoire took two years. Between work and life it is tough to find time to devote to this hobby. Although I find I am carving out more and more time for it as I (ahem) age....... Also I took the pics from far enough away so is hard to see the problems! (Paint covers a lot) I am in awe of some of the work I see you all have produced in the gallery - and hope to get the skills developed to that level someday. Probably in my retirement!

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome to our little spot on the web Mel, glad to have you with us. Please do not be shy, feel free to join in a conversation or ask any question.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
"Caulk, putty and paint makes a carpenter what he ain't." Same goes for wood workers. As for time in your retirement, FORGET IT! You will too busy to figure how you ever had time to WORK. Nice looking pieces, and welcome to NC Woodworker.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Very nice job Mel! Glad you decided to join us! Hey, if you're available on Sept 9, we could use you, and anyone else that's willing to help, with the Grand Opening of the new Klingspor store in Cary!

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
I had read about Sept 9th and if I am available I'll let you know. It won't be until the week of as we are having outof town visitors so um, I'll need to get permission to go out and play!

Richo B

New User
Richo
"Making mistakes stage of learning"? Those images tell me you passed that stage years ago. Welcome aboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS