new fence on an old saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstew

New User
jake
I have an older Delta contractors saw (model 34-444) and want to replace the fence and rails. It has the round tube rails and its a pain to get the fence adjusted properly. I want to try the Delta T2 fence but don't know if it will fit the saw. A friend has let me borrow the saw so I don't want to go drilling holes in it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
From the installation manual on the T2, available online:

DESCRIPTION​

The models T²-30
(and 36-T30) (30" capacity) and T²-50 (50" capacity) can be attached to the 36-729 Cabinet Saw,
Delta 10" Professional Table Saws, Delta Contractors Saws, and Unisaws
, in addition to other brands of table

saws. The T² Fence System includes the fence, guide tube, front guide rail, and rear guide rail.
The first thing you'll need to check is the table depth. Most table saws that size are 27" deep. The new rail & tube should fit that depth & you may even find there is hole pattern that works with your saw or you may need to drill the rails. The holes can be made slightly oversize to get them adjusted.
Good luck.:thumbs_up

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I don't quite understand the situation (you want to use the fence - but only temporarily ??) but the 34-444 was the prototypical contractor's saw for 20 years.

I would be quite confident that a Delta fence will fit 'out of the box'

-Mark

jstew

New User
jake
The saw is not mine, although I've had it for over a year now. A friend through work got it when one of his friends passed away and had it outside under his carport. He really has no need for it, didn't want to sell it, but told me I could use it as long as I wanted.

I don't like the existing fence and want to upgrade it. My friend's going to want his saw back one day and i'll either return it with the new fence as a way of saying "thank you" or put the old fence back on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS