New fangled workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Any one here built the FWW New Fangled workbench? Looks like it could be a very useful. I need a better one than the table I'm using and this one looks like it would be reasonable to build.

Thanks

Stick&String

New User
Scott
You mean to tell me my 2x4 and partial board topped bench isn't the best out there!

That guy thought about everything he'd need for that bench.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I've had a post-it on that bench article since it came out. I do a variety of projects that don't necessarily need a jointer's bench. There was also another SAK (sorry Swiss army knife) bench in a recent FWW Shop tools special issue that was basically a pair of torsion box planks on top of 2 sawhorses and used a bunch of configurations and clamps to hold work without vises. A third bench that I recall was made up of four torsion box planks held together by all-thread. Used a tail vise made with a parallel wooden jaw clamp. Fairly low cost and low tech to build, but had a fair amount of weight and rigidity. I could look that up if you are interested.

I have not built any of them, but they all seem to offer a lot of bang for the buck.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
There was also another SAK (sorry Swiss army knife) bench in a recent FWW Shop tools special issue that was basically a pair of torsion box planks on top of 2 sawhorses and used a bunch of configurations and clamps to hold work without vises.

I saw that article. It's been in the back of my mind for a while now. I really like the flexibility of the configurations and the fact that it breaks down so easy. The bench in this article has been added to my list though....

Trav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS