New Christmas Toys ... uhhh ... I meant tools

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
We heard in the past you were known as "Disco Dee" ......... 😁 TBH The best thing about Hawaii is the formal dress ..... Nice clean Aloha Shirt and a new pair of 30 dollar flip flops ....... :p
Actually gave up 3 piece suits in the 80’s. Gave up ties completely, except formal nights on cruise ships about 5 years ago.

OBTW, ball is hung in the center of the shop. Need a spinner donation along with spot lights. Anybody?

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Waiting for delivery of a sharpness tester. Mostly for perfecting my kitchen knives, but to verify my woodworking tool techniques. Geek toy.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Wiley, that's on my bucket list for my garage.

Can you provide more details; brand, lumens, number, etc.
Hey Martin--I got this info from my electrician who installed the fixtures.

He got them from CED Electrical Supply. They have multiple stores in NC. They are CED's proprietary brand. If you give them your square feet of floor, they will calculate how many fixtures you need. My shop is a slightly oversize one car garage, and I got two 4' fixtures and two 8' fixtures.

The bulbs are small tube led, 5000k in spectrum, and labeled as daylight or natural light in brightness. They are high in lumens; the lumens are determined by the spectrum brightness. These bulbs are all you need for any ceiling 10' or less.

There is one spectrum higher, but my electrician says it is too bright to the point of being harsh for <10' ceilings. He speaks from experience. The brightest bulbs are intended for higher ceilings--12'-- in commercial buildings.

My fixtures mount flush to my 8' ceiling rather than hang by chains. This is definitely preferable to hanging or globe style fixtures that protrude into the room by as much as 10". These led bulbs draw hardly any current.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wiley - CED is national they are in every state. Glad you got'em your eyes will thank you

Hey Martin--I got this info from my electrician who installed the fixtures.

He got them from CED Electrical Supply. They have multiple stores in NC. They are CED's proprietary brand. If you give them your square feet of floor, they will calculate how many fixtures you need. My shop is a slightly oversize one car garage, and I got two 4' fixtures and two 8' fixtures.

The bulbs are small tube led, 5000k in spectrum, and labeled as daylight or natural light in brightness. They are high in lumens; the lumens are determined by the spectrum brightness. These bulbs are all you need for any ceiling 10' or less.

There is one spectrum higher, but my electrician says it is too bright to the point of being harsh for <10' ceilings. He speaks from experience. The brightest bulbs are intended for higher ceilings--12'-- in commercial buildings.

My fixtures mount flush to my 8' ceiling rather than hang by chains. This is definitely preferable to hanging or globe style fixtures that protrude into the room by as much as 10". These led bulbs draw hardly any current.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS