Need some Oak soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I have a bunch of kid stuff going on - one getting married in less than 3 months and another buying a house. I promised the one buying the house, probably closing this month, a bedroom set. He's living with me at the moment and we struggled to find space for the stuff he already has so nothing but the bed got made. It is oak which he likes.

I am going to need 100-200 bd ft of oak for a dresser and nightstands. I am working from woodsmith plans and I think I only need 4/4. Rough sawn is fine but I need it dry. I kind of like sorting wood with character (knots other things) if the price is good. On the other hand, I can afford to just buy what I need. I am guessing I will buy the wood in September, possibly sooner if moving my son and wedding planning doesn't take all available time.

I live in the Columbia, SC area so southern NC is more attractive to me. I have a little trailer I can haul this much wood with. I have lots of vacation to use but also more work than I have time. So if I could get the wood on the weekend it would be a plus but I can possibly pick it up during the week.

Jim

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I've got a few hundred feet of white oak, 4/4, 8" boards, 10' long. If you're interested, PM me and we'll talk.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I should have said I prefer red oak. Quarter sawn would be fine but Raleigh area is a bit far away - but not out of the question.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Hey Jim, you mentioned the southern portion of NC, i am not familiar at present with anyone in that area and i understand this may not be beneficial but then again not sure how far you are coming into North Carolina. If you are driving inland just a tad towards Greenville-Washington-Vanceboro area, then John Baker of -Calico Custom Lumber may be able to assist you.

John Baker
252-746-6807

I may be able to round up some more info for you soon, i understand all too well how it is when you inquire, inquire, inquire and do not seem to receive any responses or appropriate contacts for what it is that you are hunting. :BangHead:

wish i could help you more my man...:gar-Cr

Chris

Warren46

New User
Warren
Jim,

I have a bountiful supply of red and white oak and am in Union County NC. Just a short distance from Columbia, SC. PM me if you are interested.

Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS