Need small amount of wood in the Winston Salem area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Hello all.

I am planning on building a small wall hanging gun rack for my son to use for some of his airsoft guns. I am thinking either cherry or oak, but I am open to other types that would also look good stained. I don't have an exact amount needed yet as I have not finalized any plans, but I don't think I will need very much. Does anybody have any they would like to sell? Also, feel free to offer any tips or plans for a project of this type.

Thanks!
Bill

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
What rough lengths and widths you need? I got some rough oak from an ole barn that needs jointing and planing, and I may can scrounge through my wood pile and come up with some planes pieces as well (these may need to be laminated to get the desired thickness.

I am 30 mins west of Winston, though Thursday afternoon will find me in the Hanes Mall area.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Depending on what you mean by small it may be cost effective to just go to one of the big boxes (HD or Lowes). It'll be a bit more expensive but it'll be planed and jointed already.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Hi Tom.

I forgot to mention in my original post that I needed it planed and ready to go. I need to draw up some basic plans so I can get an idea of how much I will really need.

I'll check out the big box stores and Klingspor to see what they have.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors