Need Assistance - Delta Lathe Live End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

New User
Kevin
I need this groups assistance. I have a Delta Midi (Mini) Lathe that has a live tail end that is not spinning freely. I believe a bearing has gone out due to the LOUD squeal that comes from it sometimes.
Where would I find a replacement/ upgrade to the original? :notworthy:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
If it's a #1 or #2 MT live center you should be able to get one at any machine tool supply outlet (Wholesale Tool, Harbor Freight), or woodworker's supply store such as Woodcraft. Easier to replace the whole unit than find the correct bearing IMO.

Leviblue

New User
Kevin
The tailstock live end on my lathe is threaded on the indexing wheel shaft. If that makes any since. So I don't think the tapered version will work. It looks like a smooth chuck with the center point in it is the best way I can describe it.

I could tell someone about a sander parts, drill press or even a table saw, but this little lathe is kicking me all over the place!!! :wmad:

manfre

New User
Manfre
What model is it? I assumed by midi that you meant either the 46-455 or 46-460, which have #2 morse.

Leviblue

New User
Kevin
Okay, so here it goes, the threaded spindle shaft goes into the quil that holds the live center which in turn holds the center point. So do I need to replace the spindle shaft forward or is the quil a morse taper and can be replaced with the suggestions listed by the other posts? I believe mine may be stuck tight then.

I looked a pictures to figure this one out.:gar-Bi

Thanks again for the assistance!!! And your patience.

Leviblue

New User
Kevin
It's the Delta 46-250. Finally able to pop the live end out. It's a #2.
Thanks for the assistance everyone! I really like this community.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
DeWalt service center on Capital Blvd should be able to get it for you. Or you could order it directly from Delta. I may have one in the shop, if it's a "rush need." Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS