NCWW is the gift that keeps on giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
It is amazing how this site has impacted my life. Earlier today one of our members - Salem - stopped by the farm to pick up some cedar and QSRO. Salem got more than he bargained for; when he showed up I was unloading 20,000 lbs worth of oak logs from my trailer and he pitched in to help, and then helped me to hook up my wife's horse trailer to the dually.

Earlier this week I needed to come up with a good finish for a kitchen tabletop in the shop; something that would not look shiny but would withstand water spills, etc. I looked no further than one of my finishing manuals, where I had printed and saved a formula that Gregory Paolini shared with another NCWW member last year (3 parts thinner, two parts satin poly, and one part BLO).

Earlier this week Don Patterson was kind enough to share some advice with me, and helped me to troubleshoot a problem with my jointer.

Brian from Chatham stopped by yesterday to pick up some steel sheet (left over from my dust collection project), and we had a great visit.

Reggie Medlin was here last week, and we had a great visit and lunch.

Later today I am working on completing some spalted pecan veneer, for a project that Dave O'Nan referred to me last year.

Kyle Edwards contacted me recently about picking up some QSRO for a friend of his, and he will be heading over in a week or two to pick up a couple of hundred board feet.

Several NCWW members (Sawduster, Gary Conklin, Brian from Chatham), all contacted me recently to make sure that I saw a craigslist posting from a person looking for QSWO. Brian even went to the extent of contacting the poster and referring them to me!

Tom Ferone and Bruce Wrenn have both been in the shop during the past couple of weeks, and member Doug Wilberg has been in the shop numerous times assisting me with my large dust collection system.

And a few weeks back Ron Underhill sent me an e-mail enquiring about some QSWO for an old English gate project that he was working on.

Steve Coles - you really created something wonderful, and I am pleased to see the continued growth and expansion of our membership under the generous contributions made by our members, our moderators and admins, and our BOD.

This is truly a generous and giving community.

Scott

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for sharing Scott, the beautiful thing of it is that such things continue to occur year after year amongst the friends we have made here. :wsmile:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Well said, Scott. I can't say it as eloquently as you have, but your words certainly capture my feelings about this wonderful site. I've only been a member since March of this year, but I've already met and become friends w/ more people than I did in the previous three years since I retired. It's a special community and I look forward to visiting it every day. :notworthy:

Bill

eyekode

New User
Salem
I had a great time Scott! You have made tons of progress out at your shop. When the generator is running, the HUGE DC is running and the jointer/planer is going it is quite a spectacle! You have the best toys :)

Thanks again for that cedar log and the help cutting it up. I hope I can do it justice!

Oh, and you are dead on. This is the best online community I have ever been a part of. I am in debt to many of you :).
Salem

T

toolferone

Yup, and maybe next time (and there will be a next time) you will be there :gar-Bi.

Allthough my visit was not woodworking related it was a great help never the less.

Thanks Scott for putting into words what so many of us feel about this place.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Ditto's! The site is good, :icon_thumbut the friendships are great! And, they last!! :wsmile:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Now you've went and done it, Scott! I will have to pencil in a day to drive down there, os I can listed on the slab of fame! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS